Today officially starts prep for my 30 day challenge. So for the next 30 days, I will be posting recipes from that. All these recipes are lean and healthy. If you are interested in loosing weight and getting healthy, join me on my 30 day challenge.
- 24 oz raw, boneless, skinless chicken breast (should yield three 6-oz cooked servings)
- 2 cups (2 small) summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1” chunks
- 2 cups (18 medium) mushrooms, quartered
- 1-½ cups (1 small-medium) zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1” chunks
- 1 cup (8 medium) cherry tomatoes
Zesty Lemon Scallion Sauce:
- ¾ cup scallions (4-6 scallions), chopped
- 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp hot red pepper sauce
- ½ tsp salt or salt substitute
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes. In small bowl, combine scallions, lemon juice, olive oil, hot red pepper sauce, salt, and black pepper; set aside. (You may wish to reserve part of this sauce for finished kabobs.) Preheat grill to medium heat. Thread kabobs with chicken, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Brush kabobs before and during cooking with sauce. Grill kabobs 10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.