- 2 Magret duck breasts, skin scored in a cross-hatch pattern
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup duck and veal demi-glace
- 1 cup full-bodied red wine
- ¼ cup armagnac
- 3 tbsp. black truffle butter
2. While duck is resting, make the sauce: Drain all but 1 tbsp. duck fat from pan; add shallot to skillet and cook, 2 minutes, until translucent. Add demi-glace and red wine and reduce by half, 20 minutes. Add armagnac and cook until alcohol is cooked off, about 3 minutes. Whisk in butter and season with salt and pepper. Serve over duck breast.