- 2 lbs. red new potatoes (about 14), halved
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup (vegan) chive and garlic cream cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato half so they rest flat. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil; season with salt and pepper, and arrange bottom side down. Bake until tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on sheet.
- When the potatoes are cool enough, scoop out about a teaspoon from the center of each potato into a medium bowl. Add cream cheese and chives, and mash; season with salt and pepper. Stuff potatoes with filling. (To store, refrigerate stuffed potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, up to 1 day.)
- Bake potatoes at 450 degrees until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Garnish with chives.