Sautéed chicken breasts served in a creamy tarragon, onion and garlic sauce. (If you’re not a fan of tarragon, you can use rosemary instead)
4 chicken breasts
1 cup double cream or creme fraiche (or a mix of both)
1 glass of white wine
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Small bunch of fresh tarragon (finely chopped) OR approx.2 level tsps of dried tarragon
Salt and black pepper to season
* you can replace the wine with chicken stock if you prefer
1.In a medium pan, heat the olive oil till hot then add the chicken breasts to the pan
2. Sauté until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm while you make the sauce.
3. Sweat the finely chopped onion and garlic in the pan and cook over a low heat till soft and lightly browned. (Low and slow builds a better flavor)
4. Deglaze the pan with the wine, add the fresh or dried tarragon and season with a little salt and black pepper.Reduce until you’re left with about 5-6 tbsps of wine. (Aux sec).
5. Add some salt and black pepper to season then stir the cream/creme fraiche into the sauce. Cook gently for a couple of mintues, stirring it gently, then serve.