Cheese Ravioli Ingredients
2 T Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp from the jar)
1.5 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan
1/2 tsp dried rosemary (fresh herbs are more potent so an 1/8th)
1/4 tsp salt
64 wonton wrappers
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sweat onion and garlic.
2. Blend together 1/3 cup Parm, ricotta, rosemary and salt until smooth. Then add to the onion garlic mixture.
3. Place about 1 T cheese mixture in center of each wrapper. Brush edges with water, then place another wrapper over filling and press edges together to seal. (I have found that in a home kitchen, doing 8 at a time saves time and a headache).
4. Cook Ravioli in batches 3-4 mins or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon and serve with Wild Mushroom Sauce. Garnish with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Wild Mushroom Sauce
3 T olive oil
12 ounces shittake or porcini mushrooms, sliced
6 ounces cremini or button, sliced
1.5 cups sliced green onion
1 T dried basil
3/4 tsp dried thyme
3 cups vegetable broth
1 T cornstarch
2 T parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
4-6 dashes tabasco (Optional)
1. Sautee mushrooms, green onions. Add basil and thyme, 2 3/4 cup broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat (to low) and simmer until broth is reduced by one third. (This process intensifies the flavor of the broth and sauce).
2. Add cornstarch to remaining broth. This will become your thickening agent. Add to mushroom mixture and bring to a boil. If you do not boil this the sauce will not thicken. Stir constantly.
3. Before serving, stir in parsley, salt and tabasco.